lundi 16 juin 2014

Wood

So I'm not too sure which category this should go under, but figured since it has to do with chins eating, it could go here.



I have a few questions about wood.



My brother and sister-in-law have a nice grape arbor in their back yard. It's all natural, has never been sprayed/treated with chemicals/pesticides. They said I can take some of the vine/wood for my chinchillas. I was just wondering what parts to take. When I was up there yesterday, I got some of the dry ends that would break off. Is that okay to use? Or does it have to been the green/new growth?

This takes me to my second question. How exactly do I prepare the wood? I know you need to boil/scrub it and bake it, but can someone give me more specific/step-by-step instructions? The wood I have (if it's okay to use) is pretty thin stuff, like less than the thickness of a pencil.



I know that a lot of people sell wood that's already prepared and ready for chins to eat, but it can be expensive, especially with how fast my three go through it. I would like to learn how to do it myself.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire