jeudi 26 juin 2014

Chin is MAD at me

My new-ish 6-year-old female had an eye problem and was taken to the vet. Long story short, she's fine and she needs eye drops twice a day.



However, she was an aggressively bred female who came from, in my own humble opinion, a very neglectful/abusive environment. She was not raised with regular human contact and generally finds people threatening and awful. She has a history of spraying when being handled, and being extremely difficult to get a hold of.



Ergo, this eye thing has taken a toll on her and she is VERY angry with me since I've had to wrangle her twice a day to shove drops in her eyes. To the point that when I walk in the room or near the cage, she starts "yelling" at me with chirps, barks, etc... even when I'm not attempting to handle her or approaching the cage.



Her behavior/demeanor had vastly improved since I took her in about 9 months ago, and now we've regressed and she's worse than how she was before. Does anyone have any experience with this or tips on how I start to win back her trust? Just looking for some general input on how I could possibly improve the situation.



Thank you in advance.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire