dimanche 22 juin 2014

Help! I think my chinchilla has diarrhea

Hello,

I am new to this site and a relatively new Chinchilla owner. I adopted my Chinchilla from a friend of mine from high school who could no longer care for her. Before my friend, she had another owner (who I believe had small children who did not handle her well), so I am her third owner. I know that multiple owners is no good for a chinchilla and when I got her she was very mean and would bite. I have had her for a year and she has come a long way. She no longer bites and lets me pet her and she will sit in my hand, but she is still not fond of being held.



Anyway, it has been a year and this is the first time I am experiencing any kind of health problem with her. My boyfriend and I moved to a new apartment about a week ago (so I think that stress may be the cause). We tried to make the move as smooth as possible for her but she was definitely not too happy. As of 2 days ago her stool has been soft and it has been making a mess all over her cage. I did some reading and this sounds like it could be diarrhea, but I am not sure because her behavior has not changed. She is still active, eating, and her eyes are bright. The only problem seems to be the stool. I did some research and here is what I have done:

-cleaned and disinfected her cage and wheel, etc.

- i am giving her less pellets and more hay (timothy)

- i stopped all treats as of yesterday

- changed her water (purified) everyday

- given her 1 square of shredded wheat



Unfortunately, I do not have access to a vet until monday because the exotic vet near me is not in the office until then. Is there anything else I can do to help her get better before then?



Thanks!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire