mardi 24 juin 2014

Hello Everyone :)

Hi all! :) My husband and I just got our first chin a little over a week ago. I will be honest and say at first I was pretty overwhelmed with the idea as we had just got a new cockatiel the day before and wanted to devote my time to training him (as well as continuing to give our other 5 birdies attention as well-4 budgies and another cockatiel). My husband of course had done some research but not as much as I would like (and I like to do as much research myself beforehand so I am sure we take care of them properly) but he insisted on getting one right away so I went with it lol. But as soon as we got her home and got her all situated I have no regrets! She is the cutest and most entertaining little girl! She has made great strides this week. She enjoys her out of cage time and loves crawling all over us. She even lets me give her chin scratches! She let me scratch her ears and her side yesterday and even lifted up her front paw to let me scratch her belly for a bit! It was the most adorable thing ever!!! Anyways so we have been working very hard on getting everything as chin proof as possible. Since her cage came with plastic shelves and ramps we decided to go and get some wood to make her some shelves and ledges to replace those. We haven't finished them yet so she will have to keep those until we can... of course our power drill batter decided to die on us so we have to go fine a replacement one before we can finish them up! :( We also had bought one of those plastic running discs/wheels whatever you call them so I'm thinking of getting a metal chin spin eventually. I think she uses hers but I've mostly just seen her sitting in it like a chair :P We also plan to make the bedroom she is in more chin friendly. We have everything proofed as far as wires and anything she shouldn't get into but we have a bunch of cardboard boxes in the right now for some jumping and such which I know too much cardboard is not good for them so we will eventually get some wood ones for her to play and chew on. Anyways since this is getting pretty long I will go... and maybe post some photos soon. I will just leave you with a little sneak peak of our little girl, Pichu cuddling with her "cuddle toy" after play time the other night :)







Anyways, Have a great day everyone!!! :D




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire