mercredi 25 juin 2014

I don't think my chins will ever love me :(

I've owned both of them for just over 5 years now, I have never mistreated them, pushed them too far, made them feel "small" or anything like that. I spend a lot of money on them, their new cage is HUGE and has everything they could ever wish for. They get play time out of their cage daily, get treats, always have access to food and water and toys to play with... So what I don't understand is why they don't, not necessarily "love" me, but like me?



They hate contact and I feel like even after 5 years together they are still scared of me, I have tried so many bonding techniques and none of them work :(.



A bit of background: I got the eldest from a friend of a friend, who did not want her anymore, so I took her on. As for how she was treated in her previous care I'm unware of. I'm guessing they didn't understand how to look after chinchillas properly because they had no idea she was pregnant (and I found out a few days of having her). Her baby has been with me since he was born, and he was social when he was a kit, but now he's just as timid as his mother.. Can't help but feel like I'm a rubbish chinchilla mom :(




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire