dimanche 22 juin 2014

HI!

Hello!

So I am new to this site and new to posting in forums, but I wanted to be able to talk to other people who have chinchillas so that I can learn how to better care for mine.



My chinchilla story goes like this:

I have always wanted to get a chinchilla but I was never allowed. Last summer I moved out of my house for my final year of college. Just by chance I was talking to one of my friend's from high school who said our other friend was looking to give away her chinchilla because she could no longer care for her, so of course I jumped on it.

My chinchilla has a history. Her 1st owners I believe had little kids who did not handle her well. They named her Joey because they thought she looked like a baby kangaroo :) Anyway I guess that she was too much for them because they gave her to my friend. My friend was looking for a small animal that was cute and that she could cuddle with…Joey did not like to be cuddled ( and still doesn't). Joey was mean (i think this was from being mishandled) and she would bite and spray if you got near her. I did not know this when I went to pick her up, but even when I found out I took her anyway. So after a year of bites and being sprayed I have managed to get through to her a bit. She now lets me pet her and she will jump in my hand on occasion. Getting her out of the cage is a struggle but it is getting better. She has not bitten me in a few months, but she will still spray when I try to take her out of the cage.

Good news though, she loves my boyfriend and he has kind of adopted her as well. She will let him hold her and she will come to him willingly. He bought her a bigger cage and new toys :)



I love her so much and I hope to have her for a long time:)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire