dimanche 15 juin 2014

Male chin problem

I've had someone email me asking if I have any suggestions on their chins "problem", here it there first email/explanation:



"I thought that he had a hair ring problem as he was very swollen and cleaning excessively around his genitalia, but on closer inspection, he had a build up of hard, white, very smelly stuff on and around his penis, but no hair. I have never found a hair ring on him in the year that i have had him. This problem though occurs anywhere between daily and monthly and requires me to hold him down and clean him up (if I don't it gets to the point where his sheath will not close). I have tried several vets and none of them have any idea as to what could be causing this (and a lot of vets I have called won't even let me bring him in as they will not treat chinchillas) and I really am at a loss of what to do"



A further email showed his urine's normal, poop is normal, he's eating fine, exercising fine, he's on good food with minimal treats. The vet tried putting him on a course of oral AB's but it didn't help, she thinks the vet may have tested the discharge but she can't remember what the results were so she's going to try and find out from them.



I was thinking possible UTI to start with but when she said his urine was normal and he'd already been on a course of AB's I'm thinking maybe not...

I've never experienced anything like this myself, has anyone else?

She wants some things she can suggest to her vet and get them to check for/treat.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire