mercredi 25 juin 2014

Chinchilla Rage...

Hello y'all,

So this is my first time bring a question on here but....I need all the advice I can get.



So I have four chinchillas. Two that tolerate each other and coexist in the same cage. (I say tolerate because one is protective and loves to cuddle and the other one has no desire to be cuddled lol)

Our third one is angry as all get out and has to be kept in his own separate cage. And the fourth is new recent and very sweet:



My question is with this third little man. All of our chins have been rescued in some sort of way. He was found dangling from a cage at pets mart and he had ripped some of his fingers from his hand and he had tendons holding him there. So we took him immediately and got him taken care of. He was very angry toward us at first (he would hiss, bark, and bite at any moment he could get) it's coming up on a year that we have had him and he absolutely loves us, adores us and follows us anywhere (I call him our little dog) but you can tell that he is very lonely being in his own cage around the other chins. We have tried everything, putting there cages close together so they would get used to each other, letting them plays working on dominance and about a million other ideas that we researched/were advices by our vet. When they are around him they fight with each other, as well as any moment they are near him they are fur ripping, biting or trying to yank body parts through the cage. At this point we have stopped trying and just keep them seperate. But you can just tell he hates it. When they are having play time he's is freaking out in his cage, and calms down when we finally let him out. We have moved him to different rooms of the house both to live and for play time. But when he stays in another room away from them he whines and stops eating, and for play time he still freaks out because he knows it's play time. Our two chins we have introduced to him don't show any agression until they are around him. They don't bite or anything but as soon as he is around it's like we have 3 very different chins.



I would like to eventually hopefully get all of them together. Our fourth one we just rescued and he is going through the process and for the most part he is not aggressive and they don't fight with him like this one. I can say that the anger aggressive is more from this 3rd little guy than from any of the chins . So I am wondering do they have issues with aggressive ness? If so is there a way to work with it? Does neutering work at all? Supplements? We absolutely love this guy and I want him to he happy but I can tell unless he is hanging out with me and my husband he is pretty depressed. When we took him in the petsmart said he got along with then other chins, so we are wondering if his accident sparked something? I don't know. Like I said , he loves us but hates the other chins.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire