lundi 30 juin 2014

Introducing Chins

Hi,



I have 2 chinchillas. One is around a year and a half old and the other is around 8 months old. I have been trying to bond them for quite some time now. But I don't think they like each other, and i was wondering if I should call it quits. I currently have a ferret nation double story. So they go to the hole and can smell and look at each other through the bars. When they do this they aren't very hostile they just kinda stare at each other and touch noses.



Yet, when they are in playtime together it is a completely different story. I put a dust bath out for them and at first everything is always fine. They are running around taking dust baths. But then they start spraying each other a crazy amount. At random moments they will look at each other from up close and be fine. But then it always ends the same. After a while the older chin will start chasing the younger chin trying to bite her. This causes the younger one to have fur slips. I always return them to their cages at this point.



I have tried pretty much everything from a smaller cage in a bigger cage, trimming whiskers, switching them from cage to cage, etc. I have never tried smooching or taking them for a car ride because I am scared they will kill each other in that small space.



Do you think they are just not meant to be friends or is there something someone can recommend? I really want them to be friends but I have accepted that this may not be possible.



Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire