mercredi 18 juin 2014

Teeth?

I've noticed that my chinchilla sometimes "squeaks" when she's eating treats, she also randomly squeaks a short while after eating and is still making a chewing motion. She does not like to be handled, so I can't physically check her teeth but I have been able to see that her teeth are not over grown, she still drinks and eats and poops. She has always had access to toys and chews to grind down her teeth. She has not been drooling, or pawing at her mouth. Just wondering what people think? At first I thought she was just eating too fast and catching her cheek or lip or something like what humans do when they rush their food, but now I'm not convinced.





The male sharing the cage with her (who is neutered, don't worry) does not squeak like she does but when he eats he will pick up a pellet, take one bite, drop it, pick up another, take one bite, drop it and so on.. The cage floor is covered in pellets and the bowl is often empty every morning when I fill it to the top on a night before... They are related (mother and son) so maybe they have some kind of teeth issues in their genes? I'm not sure.



Any form of information at this point will be extremely helpful.



Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire