dimanche 29 juin 2014

Mixed Chinchilla signals

So I've had Meeko my 5 month old chin for almost 3 weeks now. He loves playtime and loves to jump out of his cage onto me and my partner and then back in. He's ran off under the kitchen table a few times and we've always got him back in his cage either with his dust bath or managing to get him close enough to gently pick up and get him back to his hidey hole.



He's comfortable enough with us that we can put our hands in the cage and he'll sniff around them or reach for our hands or step on and off them but over the last 2 days it seems like we've gone about 10 steps back. Yesterday and today while having playtime he's given me a slightly sharper nip than I'm used to because I wont let him run under the kitchen table and if he wants me to move my hands out the way he'll nip at my fingers again. He also won't let me give his head a stroke either. He's not barking at me or sulking with me, in fact, as soon as he hops back in his cage after nipping my fingers he jumps back on me and tries it again. He doesn't bark, doesn't spray, and even though he doesn't so it as often as the first 2 weeks we had him, he still cuddles up on my hand when he's really tired (see pic of cute cuddles)



Is this normal to take a few steps forward and then a few back? I love him to bits already and I've spent a few evenings with the sniffles when it seems that he's not overly fond of me.



And advice would be greatly appreciated, he really is my baby and I'd do anything to make him happy.




Attached Images





File Type: jpg Meeko.jpg (77.2 KB)






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire