mardi 24 juin 2014

What does this mean? Is this gagging/choking?

A little background: my girl had a very tiny spur on her teeth on her upper left cheek and two weeks ago the vet removed the spur. There was no trauma on the surgery. The spur was so tiny that the vet didn't think that was the problem causing her to lose so much weight so she drew blood but came back normal. So we think it really was the tiny spur that bothered her and caused her not to eat. She returned to her normal activity the day of the surgery. She has been able to eat on her own and has slowly gained weight ever since.



A couple of days ago, I let her out for a playtime to enjoy her new wooden furniture (kinda like a cart). She was playing fine until she jumped away from me and landed on the cart (probably thinking that was a solid top? There is sasal rope around the top area so it kind of looks like a top). She jumped right to the ground after landing on the cart. She landed both times on her feet but I'm not sure if the corners of the cart hurt her somewhere. After that, she jumped up to my knee showing her discomfort in the mouth/jaw. Then she continued to play.



I gave her some rose hips after playtime and she had this gagging/choking motion shown in the video below. Yesterday when I gave her honey suckle she had that motion again and that was when I filmed the video. She doesn't have this gagging motion when she eats her pellets. It's only when she eats very small rose hips and honey suckle, and sometimes hay, she would have that.



Has anyone seen this? What does that mean and is this something I need to be concerned about and take her to the vet ASAP? :cry3: I don't think it's related to her surgery 2 weeks ago but just putting the history out there in case someone thinks it may be the cause. Maybe she landed wrong and hurt her jaw? She is eating and pooping and would let me touch her jaw and body. Occasionally though, she would make a sound when I touch her jaw too much.



Any advice and opinion is greatly appreciated. Thanks!



Video: http://ift.tt/Vl9Y1n




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire