jeudi 26 juin 2014

4 Kits, 2 with problems

My female (Bonnie) gave birth to 4 kits Sunday evening. This is her second litter. One of the kits is super healthy looking and very active (Chubby). One of the kits is on the small side but still very active (Tiny). However, one of the kits still has one of his eyes closed (Winky). It doesn't seem to bother him but i've been gently trying to get it to open with no luck. And the last kit (Smoky) is very skinny and not very active. I don't think he's getting enough to eat so I put Chubby and Winky in with Clyde (the father) to give the 2 smaller ones more time to feed. When I put Smoky up to Bonnie, he nurses for a short while and then she moves to a different part of the cage. My question is what should I do about Winky's eye and Smoky's failure to thrive? Should I supplement for Smoky? Any input would be appreciated.



Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire