lundi 8 février 2016

Possibly Blind and Male Aggressive Behavior

Hello, I have two questions that I would like some help with. I am a chin mommy of 8 young chins and they are just lovely however there are two that I have some concerns about....

Ms. Blizz is a Pink White female that is 5 months old. She is wonderful but is acting very different than the other chinchillas. When we got her, she was kind of a last minute choice because we just love Chins so much and couldn't pass her up so we brought her home with another chin that we got. We put her in our smaller cage (two story with large ramps) with a few friends. She spent a lot of time either at the very top or at the very bottom but she was moving around the cage, when we moved her to the large female cage with everyone (6 levels and no ramps- everyone else jumps) she wound up spending 90% of her time at the bottom of the cage, only going to the second level to eat). I was worried that maybe she was sick so I moved her to a single "breeder" cage that we have (what she was in when we bought her) and she seemed to perk right up a whole lot. However, the more time I have spent with her the more I think she might be at least partially blind. When I put my hand in her cage it's like she doesn't see it but when I get near her face (brush like a whisker) she starts and lifts her head up like I startled her. When I give her a treat she does that too, almost like you have to bump her nose with the treat and she about gets your finger when she takes it where the others gently take it from my fingers. When I open the door she sits at the back of the cage, but I rustle her shavings in the front she bounds forward to the front edge, she startles easily when I touch her rear end to scoop her up but I say "It's just me" and she's starting to not get so upset now as long as I say it every time I touch her. Her eyes are clean and bright but I swear I don't think she can see. I tried moving toward her eyes with my finger and I could about put my finger on her eye (she didn't move, I just didn't do it). So I don't know... what do you guys think?:cool:

Next I have a young.... 4 month old Male Extra Dark Ebony, Mr. Fuzby... ALL of our chins get along... except him... lol. He is a holy terror to everyone else. We plan on raising these babies up to become breeders and I want to know is his brat behavior going to get better towards the girls? He chases them like a young boy on the playground and pulls their hair and they all start barking at each other. Is this normal behavior for a young buck? The other two boys we have get along great with the ladies. The boys only get to hang out (right now) with the girls during free run time with supervision. But Mr. Fuzby can't play with everyone cuz he's so rude and bratty. :hair:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire