mercredi 24 février 2016

Introducing Chins

Hello! I have had my male chin Roscoe for 7 months now, I recently started a new job and work nights and wanted to get him a companion. I was at a petsmart and saw a what they say is 4 month old male chin, so I bought him. Roscoe has a 4 level cage that I recently bought, so I put the new chin, Ollie, in roscoe's old smaller cage. I put the cages about 5 inches away from each other. It's been 1 week so today I put them in the play pen I bought from petsmart together and they sniffed each other then roscoe started what looked like humping ollie. Ollie ran from him and they chased each other, I didn't see any biting. They kind of hopped around each other and would buck up to each other and then roscoe would jump on ollies back again. I put the bath house in with them and at one point they both got in it together but I didn't see any fighting. Eventually Ollie actually tried to hump roscoe, at least that's what it looked like. Is this normal? They are both back in their separate cages, I figured I'd let them out again together later tonight. I guess I just want to make sure this is normal introduction behavior.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire