vendredi 12 février 2016

Behavioral Changes

A little background: My chin, Chubbs, is around 5 years old. I adopted him about 5 months ago and we get along great. In fact, he trusts me a lot more than my fiancee. He barks at him fairly often and has even bit him a few times, but he's never been aggressive towards me at all. Over the past few weeks, he has started to bond with my fiancee a little better.

Lately I've noticed some behavioral changes. This past week or so, Chubbs seems withdrawn. He doesn't appreciate attention lately. He assumes I'm giving him a treat (oats) when I open his enclosure, and if I'm not, he can't be bothered. He used to love scratches behind the ears, but now he just kind of tolerates it for a second and backs away. He doesn't seem scared, just irritated. He also used to love to sniff my face, even nibble on my nose, but he doesn't want that either. Last night he even barked at me when I was petting him goodnight (which is a routine for us).

Should I be worried?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire