samedi 16 août 2014

retained placentas

Hi everyone, I have a guy in Turkey who recently started breeding chinchillas about a year or two ago. He started out with 100 chinchillas and very little information. He emails me for advice every now and then. I just received an email describing a problem he has had recently and I am at a loss to explain.



The problem he has is this.



In the last couple of months, he has had 4 females retain the placenta after birthing and then die a short time later. Have any of you seen anything like this or do you know of a cause? Could this be genetic? I am thinking that maybe the females could be from the same line.



Any advice and knowledge you could send my way would be helpful and greatly appreciated.



Thanks for letting me bend your ears.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire