vendredi 22 août 2014

Cage Choice (Help!)

Hello :wave3:



I am new here and I do not have a chinchilla yet, but I am hopefully going to add one to my family in the early months of 2015. I am researching cages at the moment and I have come across 2 that I really like the look of. Would I be able to get some opinions please?



The first is the Aurora 450 by options/rosewood.







The dimensions are:



81cm H x 104cm L x 60cm D without the wheels/legs

(32"H x 41"L x 23"D)



Price: £100 delivered



Pros: Metal base which slides out, splash guards around the base.

Cons: Small door to the front of the cage.



The second option is the Royal Suite 95 by Savic.







The dimensions are:



120cm H x 95cm L x 63cm D

(47.2"H x 37.4"L x 24.8"D)



Price: £170 delivered.



Pros: double opening doors for easy access and metal splash guards.

cons: plastic bases (will need adapting).



Now I want to get this right from the start so I have some questions before I go ahead and buy one of these cages.....



1. Would the Aurora be big enough for a single chinchilla that will have play time every night in a chinchilla proofed room?



2. I have read different opinions on how important height is to a chinchilla. Is height a must for a chinchilla cage?



3. I know "the bigger the cage the better" is usually the way to go but money is obviously a factor. Is the Aurora a decent cage in the eyes of an experienced chinchilla owner?



4. I was hoping I could build a set of stairs for the chinchilla to use to get in and out of the cage when he/she likes during play time. The small door on the Aurora could be a problem and prevent me from doing this. Is there another way of allowing you chinchilla to return home when he/she wants?



Any advice is really appreciated and I am sorry if I am asking silly questions. :))




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire