samedi 30 août 2014

Male Chin Introduction

I recently got my Male chin (Kai - 6 Months old) a new chinchilla cage its a critter nation one that could be separated. And yesterday I got a new chinchilla male which is 4.5 Months old. Kai is a very shy, not very active boy. And the new one (un-named at the moment), is quite hyper. They currently living next to each other, the new one in his own cage. Kai was interested in him at first, but most of the time he doesn't go near him. They have touched noses before through the cage, but that's about it.



Today I put out the sand bath in the bathroom and let 1 chinchilla out at a time, with the other in a carrier. Kai approached the cage and put his nose in and the other one did the same. There was times where the new chin started scratching at Kai & banging in his cage. Not sure if its a sign of being aggressive? Or does he simply just want to come out and see Kai?



Let me know what you've done to introduce 2 males since I've never done before.



I only re-introduced 2 females that were sisters, and used to live in each others cage. Their re-introducing with her kits took at least a week. No fights, no pulling out fur. Just a slight bit of aggressive rising up on their feet and looking like they would bite each other. And chasing each other until one hides.



I also heard males are easier to introduce then females?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire