jeudi 21 août 2014

Mixed messages from my chinchilla

Hi everyone!

Ok so my chinchilla has been giving me mixed messages lately. I will sit in front of her cage and she will come up to me and let me pet her under then chin and I give her a treat for being good (trying to show her I am not going to hurt her), but not even a minute after I stop petting her and I am still sitting in front of her cage she backs into the corner and begins spraying me.



Quick background: I have had her a little over a year and she has always had behavior problems I believe due to two previous owners who did not have time for her. She dislikes being handled. I have been working with her every day, but she has seemed to regress recently and I don't know why?



How can I correct/treat this behavior?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire