dimanche 31 août 2014

Introducing my two females.

So I got a 10 week old chinchilla a while ago, she is beige and as cute as can be!! I already had a 2 1/2 y/o standard female. I have been working on introducing them for the past couple weeks here is my story so far and I also have a couple questions.



I started out putting their cages side by side and having separate playtimes where they couldn't see each other during these playtimes. Mayah (my standard) is a very curious chin. So she was sticking her nose through her cage trying to get to Serenity (the baby) she even reached her paws through the cage trying to pull Serenity's cage closer. Well after about 5 days Mayah acted like she wasn't even there, and they were perfectly fine to have their cages next to each other. Well after this I put Serenity's cage in the room where they play and let Mayah roam freely. I then switched them, let Serenity out while Mayah was in the cage. They did do some sniffing and Mayah attempted to bite her nose which I stopped. Then after each playtime id put each chin in each others cage for about a half hour. After another four days of repeating this process, they had their very first playtime together yesterday. I put houses, toys, hay and dust baths so they wouldn't be so focused on each other. It worked well. Mayah did start to chase her twice which was immediately stopped, other than that they did pretty good. Today they had their second playtime together and there has been a bit more chasing. We are still working on introducing the two of them.



Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Is there something else I should be doing?

Is the chasing normal at first?

What signs should I be cautious of?



Thanks for reading!! (:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire