mardi 26 août 2014

Chin nearly gives me a heartattack, I (almost) learn a lesson

Henry is fortunately totally fine, but gosh did he give me a scare today! It was sort of my own fault, though...



So, I was doing my usual wellness check. Bright eyes, bushy tail, four paws with all toesies present and correct, no hair rings, no mats, just a few loose tufts of fur... Oh no. Then I felt a bump, deep under his coat. On pulling back the fur as best I could, I could see a red lump. A tumour, or some horrible wound? How could I have been so careless as not to have noticed sooner? My poor precious doomed wriggly darling, who won't let me get a proper look...hold still just a sec...



Hang on...that looks, suspiciously like...



A goji berry. A goji berry, stuck in the poor fluffball's coat. Oh.

Yes, I know, I know. He only gets one as a very very occasional treat, usually it's healthy stuff. I figure this one probably fell out of the packet, because I didn't give it him loose or he'd have eaten it right away.



A quick snip later, and the berry was safely detached, fortunately without too much trouble or further stickiness as it was mostly just attached to a few hairs, though close to the skin. I was torn between making a huge, tearful fuss over my newly miraculously healed precious baby, and cursing up a storm over the fright...so went with both at once.



So, I guess I have now learned a new, additional reason to be careful with chins and dried fruit - it's sticky! I'm sure his perspective on the whole thing would just be 'waste of a good goji berry', but he's enjoying his healthier dried herbs instead, for now!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire