dimanche 24 août 2014

Doesn't like being held....

We have an adorable (and stubborn) 4 month old we named Chernople. He's awesome! This is our first chin and we're so happy with him. We've had him about 2 months he's basically a good boy but he does not like being held. I know most chins don't but I worry about an emergency. When we need to groom him, or if we needed to get out fast or, especially I worry about this, administer medication or first aid, I'm not sure we could.



He does climb and crawl on us and lets us pet him. He'll sit on us during playtime and bond but if you make like you're going to pick him up, he bolts. Sometimes if we do get him picked up, he'll sit for a bit but he always bolts. I'm afraid he's going to take off and hurt himself. I've heard you can hold them by the base of the tail but I'm scared to try this.



If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!!! I feel I should get him used to being held in case of emergency but I don't know the best way to go about it. Or am I wrong?



Thank you!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire