vendredi 22 août 2014

Issues with getting chin out of her cage

So we have had Coconut for 3 going on 4 months. She's my daughters pet and was a pet store rescue and I know that can have adverse affects on a chins social behavior.



She has actually been great exception for one issue: she hates being held.



Now that by itself is not a big big deal. Other than that we pet her, scratch her all over. She lets us scratch her chin, belly, neck with no problem. She will even climb halfway on my palm and let me rub her underside. During playtime she will hop up on us, shoulders, head, lap, she will wall run and bounce off the walls and occasionally popcorn.



She has nipped a bit but never drawn blood and I know the difference between her kind of scratching her teeth on you and an more aggressive nip. She has done the pee spray only twice that I know of but never to me just to my daughter who was probably annoying her at the time.



Now the issue is getting her out of the cage for playtime. Her safe room is our master bath which is pretty big for a bathroom so there is plenty of room for her to run around even with two or three in the room with her.



She's really smart and picks up things fast so tricking her only works one or two times before shes on to it. So the whole dust bath trick isn't good because I'm afraid she will stop using it and then she's all dusty for playtime. Tried a small box but again she learns that trick quick and won't get in it. I have tried moving the cage back and forth to the bathroom which worked for her but is not really a long term solution for us as its pretty big and kind of heavy. Tried letting her go on her own but she has to travel thru non safe areas (maybe about 25-30 ft away) to get there and will then avoid at all costs to go into the bathroom resulting in us chasing her around and under the bed even though we try and herd her toward the bathroom. I try rewarding her with plain Cheerios when she gets to the play area and back to the cage successfully. She loves plain Cheerios as a treat.



Funny thing is when she wants to go back to her cage she will literally come to your feet AND LET YOU PICK HER UP! I can carry her for brief moments but she is constantly on the move which I have learned to deal with and don't have to much trouble handling her. If she is tired she will kind of settle down a bit more and let me hold her without struggling too much.



Last time I took her out I waited till she was zoning a bit and just swooped in and scooped her up but shes seems to know when playtime is now and won't come out of her little houses and stays hidden. If I try she will run all over the cage trying to avoid being picked up. Its like she hates being held more than she likes playtime. Now one thing is she has a pretty large cage that she seems to love with three little houses and lots of levels, perches and a big running wheel.



I just need an easy and consistent way of taking her out of her cage that works for her and us without stressing her or us out too much.



Sorry for the long winded post, here is her cage







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire