mardi 26 août 2014

General Tips Wanted

Hi,



I have already done heaps of research as I want the best for my soon to be chins, but I always welcome some more advice. I had reserved 2 boys a couple weeks ago and it is now a month until I can pick them up. They are Pepper, a 4 week old standard grey and Chili a 9 week old brown velvet, they are unrelated however the breeder is bonding them for me. Their cage is a 70 x 42 x 104 cm, but it had ramps and wire levels which I know was not only dangerous but it left absolutely no space to put anything so I took them out and am in the process of getting safe wooden shelves. I have brought a nest box, water bottle, food bowl, a hammock and have plenty of cardboard tubes and other wooden toys prepared.



I accept any tips for my two, but I have a few questions on some topics, so here it goes:

I would like some more advice on setting up the cage and I will post some pictures of it in September (on holiday now). Also I want to know how to chin-proof my bedroom as they will have an hour out every evening, I mean I know to hide wires and plastic but other than that. I am having a hard time finding a metal wheel or saucer so can they do without it if they have play time? I think I will upgrade their cage in the next few years but not yet as I don't have the money and since they will be young I think their current cage is big enough for now, but when I do have money, when is the best time to get the new cage? I know its good any time but I mean like when do they stop growing more or less and if there is an age where they get most hyper, I was thinking when they are two so is that a good age?



Thank you!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire