dimanche 10 janvier 2016

Supplements/Hay

Hi all!

I wanted to ask in your opinion, what are the best vitamins/supplements to give chinchillas? Are these necessary/how often? What have your experiences been?

Also, what are the healthiest/best options for treats and herbs?

I want to make my chinchilla's diet as healthy and enriched as possible (and am willing to spend the money to do so) but I also don't want to overload his digestive system with too much stuff.

I have a big question about hay. I had read that first cut timothy hay is the most nutritional, so that is also what I bought. I also bought orchard grass hay to mix in for some variety. However, he is not a huge hay eater, unless it is the cubes…which he likes to munch on. His poops have been a little on the soft side since I got him about a month ago (even though I changed his food over slowly)… and I have been hoping to get him to eat more hay to maybe firm them up… would it be better to try a 2nd or 3rd cut timothy hay? I have heard 3rd is much less nutritional and also hard to find a good quality. Please advise!

Thanks in advance!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire