samedi 30 janvier 2016

How wide can cage wire be?

I am having a very tough time trying to find a cage for our chinchilla. Breeder said he was about 3 months old when we got him in mid November, 2015. We got him a wire cage with a plastic bottom. Great cage, but he's chewing the plastic so we need a new one.

I am wondering how wide apart the wire can be. The wires in the old cage are almost exactly 1 inch apart, and there was no problem with him trying to squeeze out. How much wider can it go? I realize that chinchillas are much larger than hamsters and mice, but I've always heard how those small animals only need a minimum of space to squeeze through. Would wiring, say, 1 1/4 inch be ok? 1 1/2 inches apart?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but I'm going to be buying online, and returns are going to be a hassle.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire