mercredi 6 janvier 2016

Help fight wound!

Hi,

My two female chinchillas just had a fight, I heard distress calls and went in to find fur everywhere and one chinchilla hiding from the other. The other was trying to check on her but the one in hiding was very angry. So I separated one in the top half of the cage and one in the bottom temporarily. Just so that the upset one can calm down but since calming down and coming out for a treat which she ate happily I notice that behind her front leg has matted bloody fur so she obviously got quite a bad wound. It seems to not be bleeding any more from what I can tell but she won't sit still for me to get a proper look. The vets are closed for today so if she does need a vet it will have to wait :/
She seems to be running around ok, she even went on an adventure outside the cage when I was trying to examine her (she escaped) which she seemed to enjoy a lot!
She's a very fiesty chin, she gave me a very bad bite the first time I tried to examine her after the fight so it's hard to check her properly.
So basically what can I do for her? does she need the vet? and how long should I leave them separated and how should I go about putting them back together? oh and should I hold off on dust baths while she's healing?
They've never had a fight like this and i've had them for 4 years.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire