lundi 4 janvier 2016

So many questions!

So, I just got my little guy last week after doing days and days of research, I thought I was ready! But now I have some questions that I haven't been able to really find on here.
1. I've been trying the thing of opening the cage door and when he comes to the door I'll give him a little nibble of a treat stick I got him. I've been doing this for about three days, but he is so scared of me, I try to pick him up, and eventually I get him out of the cage, and when I do he's usually okay with me holding him. I've been giving him play time in the bathroom, and he will barely even run past me when I sit in there with him, I tried Cheerios to get him to come up to me, and he just refuses. Then when it's time to put him back in his cage he runs away from me so that I can't pick him up to put him back. He's super skittish, so when I try to put my hand in there he won't even come near it, he'll just sit on the highest shelf and not do anything. Today when I went to grab him he started barking at me too
2. I have a metal hay feeder that hangs on his cage, but he just spreads the hay all over the cage instead of eating it, should I get a wooden one instead that's harder for the hay to fall out of?
3. I got him a pretty big house, and he never ever goes in there, should I get him a smaller one? Maybe he will feel safer? I've noticed he loves tight spaces
4. For the first time ever he laid on his side to sleep, when I saw it I ran over to him, and he woke up and sat normally. Is that normal?
5. I got him the dust house, and he loves it! But he'll get out run around his cage and get dust everywhere! Does it matter that there's dust in the cage? Or what should I do there?
I talk to him all the time, whenever I walk anywhere near him I'll say hi to him, talk to him a little and he still hates me :(
Sorry for all the questions! New concerned chin mom!
Thank you!
P.S. I included a picture of my little guy, cause I'm crazy about him, and it shows the dust and hay everywhere! ❤️

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (11.7 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire