dimanche 24 janvier 2016

Please help mucus with stool

Hello, my name is Emily and I am new to this group. Today is Jan. 24th and on Jan. 9th I took Koaliee my male chinchilla to the emergency vet because he stopped eating and drinking and his stool was wet and mushy. They did a Fecal Cytology Gram Stain and a Fecal Exam Float and sent him home with Oxbow Critical Care. That I had to syringe feed him with. I have not changed his diet or environment either. I got Koaliee about a year ago and he has been doing great even when we brought him home. I have stopped giving him treats and I have been advised to feed him hay and pellets with his critical care. The doctor there said that if his poop is mushy and green that's good but he has always had hard tic tac shaped poop even when I had seen him at the pet store. Please help because I don't know what to do. Should he go to the vet immediately?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire