dimanche 31 janvier 2016

Cooling Methods?

Let me start off by saying that when I got Elsa in September, my mother said that she understood about chinchillas having to stay cool and agreed to be careful about the temperature in the house. Well it's been getting warmer here in southern IN, but not consistantly warm enough for my parents to turn on the AC and my room (yes, Elsa's cage is in my bedroom) is upstairs which makes the heat issue worse. Does anyone have any tips for keeping her cage cool? I've kept my door shut since my room iss right by the stairs, kept the room dark, and my window open since it was cooler outside and my room still got up to 72 today.

I mentioned the idea to my mom about getting a portable AC for my room before summer since I remember last summer my room probably got up to around 80 degrees (I'm not poitive since I didn't have a thermometer at the time). Let's just say that she didn't like the idea and she started compaining about how the electric bill gets so high in the summer. I mentioned me paying her for some of the bill, but she still isn't fond of the idea. I'm going to keep pushing her about it because it is necessary and any tips on how to convince her would be very much appreciated.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire