dimanche 31 janvier 2016

Planning for hedgie in 2017!

So I planning for a hedgehog sometime next year hopefully! Until then I wanna do all the research I can so I am 100% prepared. I have many, many questions that hopefully you can take the time to read and look through :)

Ok so first. I recently sold a young chinchilla cause she and my other one didnt get along. I kept her cage though just in case. Today I split it in half and took the bottom half and am just wondering if this will work for a hedgie cage?
The dimensions are 1'9" W x 2'8" L x 1'10" H


Obviously I am going to clean it first lol

2. I have seen a couple different houses that people use for their hedgies and I really want to do the house that is fleece and round but not a plastic igloo. Does anyone know what I am talking about and where to get them?
I will be making my own snuggle bag cause I have a lot of extra fleece I am not using thanks to my chinchilla.

3. What litter do you use in the little pan that goes under the wheel?

4. What do I do for heat? I cant use a space heater cause the chinchilla needs to stay cool. Please be detailed

5. How much does a hedgehog eat? Do I need to feed a certain amount a day to prevent obesity or just free feed?

6. Do I provide insects and fruits/veggies daily?

7. What are the best hedgie supply stores?

8.Where do I let my hedgie to play or how - Do I let him roam around my room? (its already chinchilla proofed) However my floor is not carpet and I heard that that can make their little feet cold. Or do I just let him sit on my lap with a snuggle bag or what?

9. When choosing my hedgehog, where should I get it from? what should I look for when picking it out?

I think thats all for now, but I am sure I will have more questions in the future. Hedgehogs became legal where I live just last month so there isnt anywhere to buy supplies or whatever for them yet :)
Any more advice is appreciated! Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire