dimanche 31 janvier 2016

Chins in need of serious help in Tampa, FL

Was browsing through craigslist ads when I come across this horrible situation in Tampa, FL

http://ift.tt/23BUhkF

In case the ad is removed or cannot be accessed, it reads as follows:

"Breeding pair of Chinchillas with one week old baby for sale. White female and dark gray male chinchillas both are about three years old. No papers! The female usually has two or three babies each time but this time she only had one white baby. She has a history of having white babies. 70% of all babies have been white. They live together in the large cage except when the female has babies. Easy money to be made on these proven breeders. Also comes with two cages and supplies... Chinchilla"

These poor chinchillas are a M/F pair, housed together in a one level (what appears to be) rabbit cage very similar to this one: http://ift.tt/23BUeFA, with only one ledge and an empty cardboard beer container to chew on. The ledge is plastic as is the hay holder. The "large cage" the ad poster mentions is the rabbit cage. The small cage looks like a large hamster cage. There are no papers to speak of and yet this person is breeding these chinchillas. They are asking $500 for the whole set up and I would take them right now if I had the means to, but sadly I am a college student and with my two boys cannot take on any more animals in my dorm, not to mention I can't afford the $500 fee. I may ask some of my friends if they may be able to help me rescue these guys but I wanted to reach out here as well and see if anyone else is better able. The worst thing I can think of is someone equally as ignorant about chinchilla care purchases these sorry souls and continues to breed them without understanding the implications. :mad:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire