samedi 30 janvier 2016

Older chin starts new unwanted behaviour

My chin, Bentley, is a 10 year old male who has lived alone all his life (so I believe). I've had him for over a year and before that a friend owned him for about 5 years.

Recently he's been humping my hand, arm, leg, foot, whatever he can get at. It all started with giving him organic raw rolled oats for a treat. He went nuts and is very demanding. After I give him a tiny piece or two he gets aggressive, uses his teeth to grab a bit of my skin and starts the humping behavior. He does this while out of his cage. He does it only for rolled oats. Any other treat he just takes and eats without a fuss.

I've tried pushing him away and saying, "NO" in a firm voice. It worked at first but not any more. He's getting worse by biting harder now and more insistent.

I'm puzzled. He's never been like this before. I have a fair idea he's doing it as domination to demand more treats, but why now at age 10?

Any ideas how to stop him? Maybe just give him the treat while he's in his cage?

I've tried withholding the treat but he does it anyway. The little punk.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire