lundi 22 septembre 2014

Willfull ignorance!

I work at one of the big box pet supply stores everyone hates. Despite this, I do my best to make sure people get the best information possible about their pets and their health. I have given the link to this site to probably a dozen chin owners. Usually they are happy for the information, if only to know there are other people with the awesome critters.



Sometimes, not so much.



I had a woman buying the Sunseed garbage, and lamenting that her chin doesn't like the pellets. I explained that this is probably because chins, like kids, will always go for the tasty treats before they'll go for healthy foods. I recommended Oxbow, saying that there's no treats and higher quality pellets. It'll get her chin eating healthily.



Her response, "I told you he doesn't like the pellets."



I explained about selective feeding and how it's bad for them, but clearly it's better to 'spoil' them than actually take care of them! Ugh!



I love having a job that has me working around animals, but this makes me wish I could find something less frustrating. I'd even prefer mucking horse stalls than to watch people shorten their animals' lives.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire