dimanche 21 septembre 2014

Chinchilla less

Hello! I am new to the forum (and to chinchillas) but not to forums in general. I spend a lot of time on aquarium and hermit crab forums because I have keep 4 freshwater aquariums ranging from 10 to 29 gallons, and one 40 gallon hermit crab tank.



I work at small veterinary hospital where I basically feed and walk the animals and keep the place clean. Unfortunately, I don't get a lot of hours, so I am looking for a second job at the moment. I have been trying to save up for a car, and am currently somewhere around $1500, and I am still learning to drive haha.



Anyway, the reason why I am telling you all this is because I have a very important decision to make! Someone nearby is selling baby chinchillas ( here http://ift.tt/1sU1R4B ) and I have always wanted one. If I am going to get a chinchilla, I want to start out with a younger one so this is probably a good deal for me.



I know someone that has a male who is about 3 years old, that I babysit occasionally, but I have no real experience with chinchillas besides that so I will be doing a lot of research and asking a lot of questions if I decide to get one.



What I am here for, is to ask if I should get one, in my current position. I am only 18, working on my second job, taking online college classes starting next year. My parents are not together, so I go back and forth between their houses every few days. I have fish tanks at both houses so I am always doing something involving animals.



Would a chinchilla be ok with that? If I were to be gone for a few days at a time? I know they like to be handled and be out of their cage, which I would definitely do when I am home. So basically, the chinchilla would be out and played with for a few days at a time, and then on the days I'm not there, I would just have my siblings checking on him/her until I felt comfortable with them getting it out. I could "chinchilla proof" my room so he/she could get out and run around with me while I'm taking care of my fish or doing whatever else.



So I can spend the money (even though I probably shouldn't) and I can make sure it's being taken care of properly (because I hate when people buy animals and then mistreat them), but I don't know if I can give it a ton of attention every single day if that's what they need.



I would appreciate any input here because my parents aren't really helping. My stepmom loves the idea because we have been talking about it for a while, my mom doesn't think I need to spend anymore money, and my dad is in between.



So what do you think? Or rather, what would you do?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire