jeudi 18 septembre 2014

Chewing vs. Eating

Like most chins Sprocket explores with her teeth. Despite chin proofing her play space she inevitably finds something to chew on.



She appears to be eating anything she can get a chunk of. I never find chunks of the things she chews. I am convinced she is eating most all of it.



Her favorite is anything sponge rubberish. Usually Stray flip flops, and my iPad case if she can sneak up on me. I provide her with plenty of unbleached cardboard and a paper bag or two during playa time yet she has never nibbled any of those. She of course chews the only shelf available and also has an affinity for sticky labels she finds on plastic boxes used to close off her playa space. Her cage has of safe wood chews.



My concern is potential for blockage of her intestinal track and constipation. I have yet to see any white chunks of the flip flop she ate In her poop. Is it just building up in there? She is a regular pooper but she is new to my care and I don't know what normal poop looks like or how big it should be. Only one out of twenty looks like the classic discription of constipated poop dark, skinny, with pointed ends. Most of her poops are dry, dark, rounded ends, and about the size of mouse poop. It is much smaller than I expected. I think I was expecting more along the size of rat poop.



Any input would be very helpful!



Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire