samedi 27 septembre 2014

Quads again

I'm not a fan of quads. And I believe this is the third set born here. Liv gave birth to four girls. Two standards and two mosaics. By day two they were fighting and determined to kill one another. I started hand feeding them. And had to rotate two in and two out from that time forward. They are 31 days old now and drinking out of milk bottles hung on the cage. They eat my dry supplement along with hay and pellets. This group has made me consider wanting to get out of chins. I have had to raise 6 by hand in the last year. It takes too much time away from my family.

The thing that amazes me about this birth, is the fact Liv was a quad as well. She is a first time mom. This birth took her five hours. I was on the edge of my seat. Liv was exhausted when the last was born. Had to swing the kit to get rid of fluid and warm her up. One of the standards was small and could not drink out of a syringe without bubbling. I was sure this one would have perished. Took great skill to only set a drop at a time on the lips and hope she didn't aspirated.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire