jeudi 18 septembre 2014

DIY Melamine Natural Chin Cage Ideas

The Backstory: I am currently building another 4x2x2 melamine vivarium for my bearded dragons and my brothers friend asked if i wanted to adopt his chinchilla instantly i said yes. So i thought as long as i'm building a lizard viv i thought i might as well build a cage the chin.





The Cage: I was thinking of building melamine 4x2x2 with 1/2 inch hinged wire doors and Stack it on the lizard enclosure.





The Decor: Since i love decorating my reptile cages, i thought i would make a natural chin cage. I was thinking making a false rock background to cover the three sides of the cage like this http://www.lizard-la...-terrarium.html but make false rock ledges jet out for. And then for the bottom i was thinking shaved aspen bedding with some driftwood to make a climbing tree and cut and sand a large granite stone for a homemade chinchller.

(note all the outside items such as driftwood, rocks, etc would be power washed, baked or boiled) i am also thinking of ways to make a wheel fit in a hollowed out tree stump





The Questions:
Other than pellet diet and hay do chins like any particular fruits/veggies cause i almost always have organic squash, dandelion greens, mustard greens, cactus pads, carrots, and more available for my reptiles. which i think they would be willing to share.



I have some knowledge on chinchillas but i'm obviously no expert so any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire