dimanche 21 septembre 2014

New chinchilla owner from Ohio

Hi everyone! I just joined this site and have been browsing through the forums the past couple days. There's so much helpful information here! I got my chinchilla a few months ago. I'm her third owner. I wanted to adopt, but there are no exotic/ small animal shelters near me, so I looked on Craigslist. I found a sweet looking 2 year old standard grey chinchilla about an hour away from me looking for a new home. The woman who had her said that she got her from her sister, who had originally bought her in a pet store. She had 4 young kids and no time for the chin. When I got to her house it was extremely hot (this was in the middle of summer) with no air conditioning. The chin's cage was extremely dirty, and the woman gave me a bag of guinea pig food (the kind with all the colored sugary pieces) and told me that was what she ate. She had no hay. I took her home and cleaned out her cage, threw out her food and got her some pellets and Timothy hay. At first she was very skittish and would not come near me when I let her out. She didn't hop around much, just sat by the air conditioning vent and slept. Soon she started taking food from my hand. Then she started hopping up on my legs and slowly got more and more used to me. She is now an active, loving chinchilla who likes chin scratches and even being held and cuddled sometimes. Her favorite treats are rosehips and red clover. She's still in the Superpet cage I got with her, but hopefully soon I'll be able to upgrade to something bigger and easier to clean. I'm considering fleece bedding, still reading up on the pros and cons. Anyway, sorry this was so long, just wanted to say hello to everyone here. :wave3:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire