lundi 22 septembre 2014

New Chin mommy

Hi there! I just adopted two chinchillas last Monday, and they are amazing!! Cookie is an 8 year old female, and Chi Chi is a 12 year old male. I'm keeping them separate for now, but will be introducing them eventually. Chi Chi is a little more shy, but he already lets me pet him, and seems to enjoy it. Cookie is SUCH a sweetie, and really enjoys being touched and petted. She is so expressive, it seems like I can read her body language so easily!! She is so eager to get out and play, but I've been reluctant to let her out because for one, I haven't chin-proofed the room yet, and also I'm worried that once I let her out, I might have trouble getting her back in! I don't want to end up chasing her around the room and scaring the heck out of her when we've made so much progress so fast! I guess the first step is to get the room ready, then I can worry about it. :-D I truly did not expect these little critters to steal my heart so much!! The bond is incredible!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire