jeudi 18 septembre 2014

Cage donated by friend- how to disinfect!!!

Hello,

I recently was given a bigger nicer cage for my dear Pikachu from a friend at work. They had a chinchilla for about a year that sadly passed away recently and gave me all their belongings, toys, and a bigger cage for free. It is wire sides that lock into a tower shape, w a plastic bottom that sits in a stand w wheels, and a plastic top, about 4-5 ft tall.

I wasn't sure how to clean the cage exactly before changing it into a bigger home for my Pikachu. I guess I was just worried since it was another chinchillas cage before and since they died I didn't know how to thoroughly clean/disinfect it for my chinchilla.

Please let me know of any suggestions.. Soap n water, alcohol, bleach?? Also there are big wood ladders they gave me that fit in the cage but have had some chew marks from their chinchilla.. Is there a way to bake these to clean them or do I just need to throw them out?

Thanks so much in advance, want my Pikachu to have a bigger home but don't want him to "catch anything" from the old chinchilla inhabitant. :facepalm:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire