dimanche 25 octobre 2015

Thinking about getting chinchilla, have questions!

I am thinking about getting a chinchilla and am saving money to get one. I've read a ton about them to be properly educated but have a few questions:


1) I understand the importance of temperature. I live in Florida so it definitely gets hotter but my a/c unit is brand new as all the parts have been replaced for maximum efficiency. I am thinking if I get a chinchilla, I would put the cage at the foot of my bed which would be right under an a/c vent. I'm not bothered by noise since I'm a deep sleeper and I know a fan won't help, but will being under an a/c vent that blows air on and off effect the chinchilla at all? More helpful or possibly harmful?

2) I know its important to know of an exotic pet vet in case the chinchilla gets sick. Do chinchilla's require shots or regular check-ups like a dog might? If I keep the chinchilla healthy with the right diet, exercise, temperature, cleanliness, and fun, does the chinchilla need to go to the vet for check-ups?

3) I've seen that those who don't have play pens allow the chinchilla to run free in bathrooms a lot. Making sure they can't chew on anything or hurt themselves is important. What I am wondering is how much does the cleanliness of the bathroom matter? For instance, if I clean my tub and suds are washed away, will any chemicals possibly effect the chinchilla? I know they can't get wet and everything would have to be dry. At one point will the cleaning of surfaces not effect the chinchilla?

Thanks for your help!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire