mercredi 21 octobre 2015

New kitten and chins?

If the little guys FIV/FeLV test comes up negative, I'll be adopting another cat. He will be only 12 weeks when I bring him home and I'm super excited.

Now, I'm looking for some information on getting him to ignore the chinchillas. He's a rather docile kitten and enjoys cuddles. However, like most young cats he is also super playful. For the first few weeks, he will need to stay in the bedroom with me... Which is also where my chins are. Obviously the chins will never be left out while he is present, but they are still in the room with him. I need to keep him separated from my other cat, as it's an important step in the introduction process. For him to have free reign of the rest of the house, they both need to get along.

What steps can I take to raise him to ignore the chins and their cages? I do have CNs so he can't shove his paws in, but obviously I'd like him to ignore them completely. If anyone has any experience with this, I'd love to hear what worked for you. :]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg kittyyyy.jpg (24.1 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire