dimanche 11 octobre 2015

Sleeping too much?

I got 2 male chinchillas yesterday and they have been kept reasonably quiet while they settle in. They are 14 & 15 weeks old. Both from the same breeder and I am told they have been regularly handled. One is already being extremely friendly and inquisitive but the other is spending most of his time asleep in the corner. I have not attempted to take either out of the cage but I have spent some time standing with my hands in the cage for them to come to me. He has come to me a couple of times but seems to want to hide away and sleep. If I attempt to get near him he calls and jumps out of the way. Is this just a settling in/age/temperament thing or should I be considering other things? I have had lots of pets before but never Chins. I would hate to miss something important.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire