vendredi 23 octobre 2015

Blood in cage

I have three male chinchillas that I recently (about two weeks ago) got from a rescue - they hadn't fought or anything, and still haven't to my knowledge. I went into the room they're in last night to find that there is a large (with some pretty dark parts to it) blood stain on one of the ledges. There are also multiple little stains (I'm assuming from movement) around the cage. There was also a large lighter stain inside a house where Calvin (one of the three) was sitting when I actually got down there and saw this. All three have lost some hair, but Calvin seems to be the most "roughed up."

There was a ledge that had tilted, and I think one may have fallen from it (and now I am putting something under it because I hadn't realized that ledge wasn't covered by something beneath it like others). It was about a 2-2.5' fall. The thing is, there is no blood at all where they would have dropped, nor any sharp objects (obviously). I'm unsure of what to do, and should I attempt to check the three guys bodies for wounds or take them to a vet right away?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire