dimanche 15 mars 2015

The new cage.

This is the cage I built to accommodate Hummus's disability. It has no ramps because soon after he came to us he tripped on a ramp coming down and got his foot caught and I don't want it happening again.



( Please bear in mind that there's still a lot of work to be done. )



[/



The cage itself is 2'x2'x4' and I put casters under it to allow for ease of movement for when I vacuum around it.



The cage walls are made from a wire playpen, the surround is pvc moulding and the ledges are kd pine, extra wide.



[/URL][/IMG]



The cage door swings up so there is no trip hazard. I know the exercise wheel is plastic, but I inspect it when I clean the cage to make sure there are no bite marks, first sign of chewing and I'll have to figure out something else to stand alone - perhaps order one from the net since none of the 3 pets stores in the area carry the metal ones.







One ledge is made from the leftover playpen panel so I can hang toys from it so hummus can reach.







The extra wide shelf is accessible from the top of his hay box and another ledge at heights he can jump to. ( The hay box is not in the picture because they get their fresh hay at bedtime. I had just changed the fleece in the picture, I use their playtime to do the cage cleaning. )



As stated in another post, I just got rid of the fabric tunnel because it had a brittle wire in the support frame. I'm making my own with no wire, I don't want them cutting their gums.



It's still a work in progress, but it safe and secure.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire