dimanche 8 mars 2015

collodal silver how much/how often??

Okay sweet little Pooh has a fairly large wound on his chest and I need advice. The wound is in the same location as the one he had last year! I never cold find out how/what he in the cage he injured himself on, so after he healed up he went into a new cage with all fleece no wood ledges or anything. I alteady have him on chloramphenicol,pain med,and probiotics.Cleaning the wound with dilute chlorhexide solution then covering with non-adherent bandage secured with vetwrap. Someone here recommended colloidal silver so I found a bottle @ GNC. How do I apply it to his wound(spray directly on wound, dab it on with sterile gauze,etc) and how often. Can I cover the wound with telfa then vetwrap as I have been doing? He has his e-collar on,still eating hay from a hayball( I only use this when animals are wearing e- collars) and he started eating his pellets from his bowl this am! Yay!!!!! The wound still is open raw skin for the most part with some thick scabbing and I just want to help without hurting. I did use manuka honey last time, but it was so sticky on bandage changes that he would actually scream in pain. Thanks for anyone's suggestions who have used it or remember someone that I can get the info from.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire