dimanche 15 mars 2015

Bringing Home My Baby Chin Tomorrow!!!

Good evening everyone!



I am bringing my ten week old girl baby chinchilla home tomorrow! Yay! I cannot wait, I've been waiting about six weeks for this, so I am SO excited the day is finally here! We will start our eight hour round trip drive tomorrow morning, so I really should have gone to bed about three hours ago, lol. Oh well...



So my question is do any of your have any tips or advice for bringing a new baby chinchilla home for the first time? Of course she will have plenty of food, hay, chew toys & water. There are also places in the cage she can hide away if she's initially scared. I also plan to give her space and only put my hand in the cage, talk to her & if she allows me pet her all while she is in the cage. Then after a couple days or when she seems to be comfortable with me I will let her out of her cage for no more than five minutes, since as far as I've been taught baby chinchillas can get too tired if given more than five minutes at a time while they're is so young.



I was also wondering if you all think a glass bowl like the one below would be okay for a dusting bowl? Or should a get something more like the second image? Both are about a gallon in size but I know that they need a pretty large flat surface, so maybe neither are ideal? The first I was thinking I could tip over for her to get inside, then tip it right side up. I figure the second one may be slightly better but I already have the first one. So I guess I will work on getting the second one but is the first okay for a little while? I just want to make sure all the choices are the safest for her.



Thank you!! :)



P.S. What do you all think of the name Chloe? She is a white mosaic. I promise many photos to come. I know I will have a better idea for a name once I have her. :hmm:




Attached Images









File Type: jpg bubble-bowl.jpg (8.6 KB)
File Type: jpg il_340x270.617008009_kxs8.jpg (13.6 KB)






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire