dimanche 22 mars 2015

Dilema! Homemade A/C?

A little history first. Recently my husband was diagnosed w/ stage 4 colon cancer( no longer able to work) and I lost my job last week! The only money we have coming in is his SSI check. He gets cold very easy now and we cannot afford to keep the house cold enough for our chins(1 girl, 1 boy in seperate cages) they are in their own room. I cannot afford to buy or run a window unit for them in their room. My question is could I use a swamp cooler in their room to keep them cool? Would that put to much moisture in their room? For anyone who doesnt know what a swamp cooler is its a cooler w/ a hole on top and one on the side, you put a fan on top hole and a piece of pvc pipe in the side hole, put ice in the cooler and turn it on, then the colder air blows out of the pvc pipe. I live in South east Missouri so it gets pretty hot in the summer upper 80's and 90's. Please help I dont want to have to rehome my babies but if I cant give them the proper care then I will have to rehome them. I have chin chillers for their cage, I have heard of people using frozen water bottles, but I am affraid that they will chew on the plastic. Any help is appreciated. :hmm:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire